Have the Peloton digital app on your mobile device and want to view it on a bigger screen than your phone or computer?
Follow this easy guide for how to cast Peloton to TV!
We’ll cover the best methods for viewing Peloton classes on a TV including:
- how to use Peloton app on Apple TV
- how to get the Peloton app on your smart TV including: Fire TV, Roku TV and Roku devices, Sky Q, Android TV, and LG Smart TV
- how to stream Peloton to TV using screen mirroring from an iPhone, iPad or Android device
- how to view your heart rate with Apple Watch Peloton app on your TV
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used throughout this post. You can read our full disclosure here.
How to Cast Peloton to TV: Best Methods for On-Screen Metrics
Using the Peloton app on a TV makes it so much easier to view your workouts!
You can get a better idea of the proper form for specific exercises in addition to having a more immersive experience than viewing classes on a mobile device.
Trust me, I’ve done plenty of classes on my iPhone 12, and viewability makes such a difference.
My eyes are definitely not as good as they used now that I’m in my 30’s but I think the ability to watch classes on a larger screen can alleviate eye strain even for those with 20/20 vision!
Did you know that the average North American TV is 55.5 inches?
That’s a heck of a lot larger than the 5″ to 6″ phone screens the average person tends to spend most of their day looking at.
Which Peloton classes are available on the Peloton TV app?
All of your favorite classes are available on Peloton’s smart TV app including:
- Tread Bootcamp
- Bike Bootcamp
More ways to enjoy your Peloton workouts:
- 10 Must-Have Peloton Bike Accessories (Everyone Should Have!)
- How to Do Peloton Scenic Rides: Here are the Best Ones
- Are Peloton Weights Overrated? My Honest Unsponsored Opinion
How to Get the Peloton App on a Smart TV
The Peloton app is currently available on:
- Apple TV
- Fire TV
- Roku TV and Roku devices
- Sky Q
- LG Smart TV
- Android TV (including Phillips, Sharp, and Sony)
Does your Smart TV have a web browser?
You could also use this access your membership through the Peloton website.
To get the Peloton app for Apple TV:
- Turn on your TV
- Click on the App Store
- Search Peloton using the search menu in the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Click get to install the Peloton app
- Click Open once the app has finished downloading
Fire TV and Devices
The Peloton app is available on 2017 and later Fire TVs and devices (plus all 2016 and later Amazon Fire Sticks).
To get it on your Fire TV or tablet:
- Navigate to the Amazon Appstore
- Search “Peloton”
- Download the app
- Click to Log In to your existing Peloton profile or Create Account
Roku TV and Roku Devices
The Peloton Channel is currently available in the US, UK, and Canadian Roku App Markets.
All Roku Stick, Roku TV HD, and Roku 4K devices generation 3 and later are compatible.
To get the Peloton Chanel on your Roku TV or devices:
- Search “Peloton” in the Roku Channel Store
- Select download
To get the Peloton app on Sky Q:
- Open the Apps menu
- Click on the Peloton app from the Featured menu
You can also
- press the Search button on your Sky Q remote to manually search for the Peloton app.
- press the Voice button on your remote to say “Peloton” and open the app
The Peloton App for Android TV is available in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
It is compatible with Android OS 7 and later.
To download the app for Android TV:
- Sign into your Google account on your Android TV
- Launch the Google Play Store
- Search “Peloton”
- Download the app
- Launch the app
- Click Create Account or Log In to your existing Peloton membership profile
LG Smart TV
This brand is the entire reason I decided to write this post.
We exclusively use LG TV’s in our household and when the November 2021 announcement came that you could FINALLY get the Peloton app on LG, I was stoked!
All 2016 and later LG 4K TV models with the webOS smart platform 3.0 and higher support the Peloton app.
Downloading the Peloton app on an LG TV is simple:
- Turn on your LG TV
- Click the Home button on your remote
- Open the LG Content Store
- Search Peloton
- Click Install to download the app
- Then, either Launch the app from here or click the Home button to browse your apps next time you turn on your LG Smart TV!
- When you launch the Peloton app, you’ll need to enter your Username and Password
Want to make things REALLY easy?
Click the Mic button on your LG Magic Remote to run a voice search and say “Peloton”.
It’s that simple!
More Peloton tips and inspiration:
- How I Lost 32 Pounds in 3 Months with My Peloton Bike
- How to Use Peloton App without the Bike: DIY Peloton Setup to Save $1500
- What’s the Point of Peloton Hashtags (Here’s How to Use Them!)
How to Screen Mirror Peloton App from an iPhone, iPad, or Android Device
Although I love the interface for the Peloton TV app, screen mirroring is still my personal preference for doing Peloton workouts on the TV.
I’ll show you why in the next section of this guide!
To screen mirror from your iPhone or iPad:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi network as your AirPlay compatible TV
- Swipe down on your iPhone to open the top drop down menu
- Click the Screen Mirroring button with the two stacked rectangles on it
- Wait for a list of available options to load – this should take just a couple of seconds
- Tap on the device you want to use
- Once a connection has been established, you’ll be able to see exactly what’s displayed on your iPhone on your TV!
- From here, you can open the Peloton Digital App on your phone
- Select your workout
- Click Start
- Once your workout has started
- Change your phone’s orientation to Landscape for a full screen experience!
Screen Mirroring vs Smart TV App
Have an Apple Watch and watch to use it as a heart rate monitor for your TV workouts?
Unfortunately, you can’t link your Apple watch directly to Peloton App on Smart TV!
But you CAN link it to the app on your phone.
Personally, I like to see my metrics while I’m working out and if let’s say, I’ve been in zone 2 for a while, this visual often motivates me to push myself a bit harder.
Screen mirroring from your phone shows your Heart Rate on your Smart TV!
When you use the app on your phone and watch, the calories you burn are estimated by your heart rate in combination with the data you’ve entered into the Peloton app – like your gender, age, and weight.
Using your Apple Watch for workouts adds heart rate as a factor in estimating your burned calories.
And if you’ve set up Move goals on your watch, it could make a difference in reaching them!
How to Stream Peloton to TV: Best Methods
The two easiest ways to stream the Peloton app to your TV are:
- Download the Peloton App on your Smart TV
- Screen mirror from your mobile device
While the Peloton App on Smart TV’s is a convenient way to view your workouts on a big screen, using the Peloton app on your phone allows you to see your heart rate when you link it to a smart watch!
Thus, screen mirroring also displays your heart rate and gives a better estimate of the calories you’ve burned during Peloton classes.
How will you do Peloton workouts on your TV? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Happy streaming, friends!